Hey my friends :Hello:
Last weekend I made some canna capsules from my ABV (already been vaped) leftovers and documented it so everyone who is wondering what to do with their ABV and get some extra meds, could do it :Wink:
What You Will Need
I don’t use precise measures for this recipe because I usually first make batch of oil and then use it for other edibles too not only for capsules but here I will show you how to make ABV capsules. But when making capsules with hash or bud it’s good to keep some basic proportions. Roughly 2:1 Coconut oil to kief/BHO/QWISO or bud, it all depends how potent you need your caps. I make ABV oil for edibles mainly and it’s perfect for cookies or chocolate.
Here is all you will need so let’s get started.
Here is what I use.
I don’t burn extremely my buds when using my Solo and the oil is always pretty potent when you have a mix of over 15 strains in your ABV :Happy-Grin:
I also may add and bud stalks.
Obviously no decarbonization is needed here.
Coconut oil has been proven to have profound effects on one’s health. Coconut oil is a good solvent for THC, CBD and other compounds in medical cannabis and goes hand by hand with lecithin when making oil for cooking, edibles and capsules. I plan to experiment with MCT oil soon.
Lecithin is a necessary component of every cell in the human body. Considered a keystone in the construction of cells, lecithin prevents the hardening of cell membranes. Healthy cells lead to a healthier body, and the membranes are a critical part in monitoring a cell’s intake and output. Protecting cells is integral in maintaining a body’s resistance to many diseases that attack damaged cells. Phospholipids such as lecithin are produced in certain amounts throughout the major organs of the body (such as the heart, liver and kidney) but can be supplemented to further enhance unrealized benefits.
Lecithin has many uses – metabolise and transport fat, improve physical performance and endurance, improve mental acuity and reaction time, promotes weight loss etc. but why we need it when making canna oil? Shortly because lecithin increases availability of everything form Vitamin C, sugars to prescribed pain meds and canna.
I use that oven safe ceramic dish from a pate. I have 3-4 different ones.
Mortar and Pestle
I pulverize my ABV here.
I use this permanent coffee filter only for all my oil cooking – very durable item :Approve:
Gelatine capsules size 0
I usually use size 0 but size 1 also do the job and could be used for concentrated hash capsules. Unfortunately I had only these capsules size 1 left but it’s enough for this tutorial.
I use 3ml pipettes.
Aluminium foil for oven cooking
And you will need oven obviously :Overjoy:
1. Grind your ABV with pestle in the mortar.
2. Measure out your coconut oil. I melt it in a pan on low heat for couple of minutes so all water evaporates from the oil.
3. Saturate your ABV with oil, add Lecithin and stir it well. I put 1 table spoon in the bigger dish and half of that in the smaller one.
4. Seal it with double layer of aluminium foil.
5. Preheat your oven to 140-150 C. Evaporating point of THC is 160 C but I prefer to use lower heat and longer cooking.
6. Place in the oven for 2-3 hours.
7. Wait till it cools, open it carefully and stir it gently. Usually I put it in the fridge for the night and continue the next day but you can skip this step.
8. Seal again and return to oven for another 2-3 hours (the next day in my case) and after it cools down you are ready for straining it.
9. Strain trough the coffee filter.
10. Fill in your caps and store them in a frizzer.
I don’t strain trough cheese cloth or any other strainer because I try to avoid all the mess it creates. I have some leftovers with saturated oil and since I use every bit of my stuff I use them too.
I have couple of jars where I throw it and add glycerin and high proof alcohol (63 abv rum ) – after couple of months and regular shaking you get pretty good sleep meds :Pleasure:
No loss of material :Approve:
I plan to be cooking with the remaining ABV oil. Expect my canna sugar free chocolate recipe soon :Be-Mine:
Have a great weekend, cheers :Woodstock: